Tuesday, February 22, 2005

i know what i've got.....

It's been said that sometimes you don't know what you've got until it's gone. Well, I believe I know what I've got.

As I mentioned yesterday, the girls and I were supposed to vacate the premises last night since the bride was hosting Bunco. (I have a home inspector coming sometime today to check the foundation for damage. There was a bit of an uproar over a $30 pot toward the end of the evening. Luckily, the local law enforcement didn't have to be notified, and the ladies involved came away with only minor abrasions and cuts.) We left the house around 6:30 and stayed out until a little after 9:00. We didn't do anything special, unless you count getting milkshakes from Sonic on the way home. We did some shopping for a new softball glove for Meg, returned some jeans at the mall, and Sara had a gift card from Build-A-Bear that had been burning a hole in her purse. We looked at PS2 games, DVDs and CDs. I can't tell you how many times I heard, "Oh, Daddy, I reeeeeaaaaalllllyyyy want this CD/DVD!" Sara wanted to buy a book at Walden Books, and when I told her "no" she said, "Dad, you ALWAYS say that!" I simply smiled and said, "Then you should be use to it by now, sweetie." (I'm not against reading, but why buy a book when you can check it out at the library? If it's one you want to have at home, buy it if you like it.)

The bride and I are very blessed to have two intelligent, healthy, beautiful daughters. I really had alot of fun just being with my girls for a few hours last night. There weren't as many eye-rolls as I had anticipated, and they didn't start fighting until we got home, so that's a plus. At one point, while they shopped in Limited Too and I was on a bench outside the store (who, me? go in there? yeah....), I felt very blessed. I was having a great dad-moment, right then and there. Even the guy on his cell phone, with a belt buckle the size of a hubcap, talking about "that number 24 car - whoooo-wee!" (an actual quote), couln't steal my moment.....

No comments: