Friday, February 25, 2005

grateful.....

Things for which I'm grateful today:
  • My job. Going out of town can make things hectic for me, making sure I've got everything caught up. But there are worse things than being busy.
  • Family. Knowing that there are people who love me, despite all my faults and flaws, is comforting beyond measure.
  • More family. Both of our parents have always "been there" for us, as well as our brothers, sisters, brothers-in-law, sisters-in-law, aunts, uncles, cousins.
  • Even more family, specifically Ken, Hattie, Mark and Jennifer. Taking care of our girls so that I can take my bride out of town is very much appreciated.
  • My bride. Looking forward to spending time together traveling the next few days.

On another matter, please keep the Shaub family in your prayers. We used to go to church with them a few years ago. Their son, Jonathan, was in a very bad accident last Saturday. (Some of you may remember Jonathan from his days as a starting strong safety from Vanderbilt a few years back.) Jonathan now lives in NYC, and was out running with some friends. While crossing the street, Jonathan was struck by an oil truck. Things are improving, but he's still got a long way to go. His parents and sister went up to be with him, and you can keep up with his progress at a blog the family started to keep everyone in the Nashville area posted.

No blogging for a couple of days. We're only about 24 hours away from landing in San Jose.....then on to the Monterey area.....

No comments: