Thursday, February 17, 2005

i felt like rosanne rosannadanna.....

There's nothing quite like a meeting to hinder your productivity. Seems that this week has been chocked full of meetings. I'll be glad to get them over with. Just 4 more this week.....

Remember Rosanne Rosannadanna, Gilda Radner's character on SNL? She did a bit about being in a sauna with Dr. Joyce Brothers and wanting to flick a sweat ball from Dr. Brothers' nose that was just hanging there and wouldn't fall off. It's very distracting to notice something about someone you're talking with and trying to ignore whatever it is. Happened to me this morning.

I had another meeting with a couple of gentlemen this morning who want to do business with our company. About half-way into the meeting, I looked at the guy on my right. He was explaining about company strength, customer satisfaction, all those things. I don't know if it had been there since he came in my office or not, but all of the sudden I noticed that there was a hair protruding about 1/4" to 3/8" from his left nostril. It wasn't wavy, wasn't even moving; it was almost like a cactus needle. It was as if he had gelled it this morning before coming to work. I tried not to look, but it was so obvious that I couldn't help myself.

The guy is married, he mentioned that in the meeting. So why didn't his wife say something to him about it? Because of the nose hair length, it's not like it grew since breakfast this morning. And even if his wife didn't catch the foliage, why didn't someone in his office say something to him?

Could be that I'm the only one who saw it. I notice wierd stuff pretty easily, alot like I retain trivial knowledge much better than stuff I can actually use. The one difference between me a Rosanne Rosannadanna is that while she wanted to flick the little bitty sweatball from Dr. Joyce Brothers' nose, I had no inclination to reach out and do a little topiary work for this guy. Maybe I'll send him a nose hair trimmer anonomously.....

No comments: