Tuesday, October 30, 2007

how to lose 5 pounds in less than 24 hours.....

I started running and eating better a couple of months ago to lose some weight. The first 15 pounds took 7 weeks. The last 5 pounds took a little less than a day.

Meg and I had the opportunity to go to the UT/South Carolina game in Knoxville this past Saturday with Chris and Landon. We decided to eat at a restaurant on The Strip. I won't mention the name of the restaurant. But its name rhymes with Willy's. We all ate dinner and went off to the Vol Walk, did some shopping at the main bookstore, then went into the stadium about 30 minutes before kickoff.

The first half was great. Although the offense never seemed to really get on track, the defense stepped up out. About the second quarter, I knew something wasn't right with my stomach. The first half ended, we were up by 21, and life was good. Except for my stomach.

The second half saw South Carolina score 24 unanswered points. Add that frustration to my stomach. Still a-churning. We tied it up with just a few seconds left in regulation. I wasn't sure if I was going to make it. Thankfully the game just lasted 1 overtime and we won.

Going up the steps out of Section O, I knew something wasn't right. We made it into the tunnel and I started sweating. About 20 feet from Gate 9, I stepped on Meg's flip flop and she had to go back and get it. Within 5 seconds I found a graveled area and, uh, "decorated" the area. My first thought was that people would think I'm drunk and got sick. Not true, just for the record.

Thankfully we were spending the night with Mom and Dad, so the drive to their house was only about 90 minutes. I only had to stop once on the way. The next day, Meg acted very mature and drove most of the way home. When I got home, I weighed myself just for fun. Down 5 pounds.

So the secret to fast weight loss? Food poisoning.....

No comments: