Monday, June 04, 2007

yo, boss, we hit da' wrong room.....

I've seen way too many Vegas/mob movies.

In an attempt to adjust to another time zone, I decided to stay up past 11 pm Saturday night. I have a hard time sleeping away from home, and I usually adjust to my new settings by my last night on the road. My body thought it was after 1 am Sunday morning, but I wanted to make sure I was good and tired when I went to bed. Mission accomplished, I was wiped out.

I was awakened at 12:11 am by knocking. I thought someone was knocking on the door of the room next to mine, so I rolled over and tried to go back to sleep. Again with the knocking. This time I realized it was my door that was being knocked on. So I figured I'd go to the door and look through the peephole.

The bride will attest to the fact that I don't wake up very easily in the middle of the night. I tried reaching for my glasses and realized half-way to the door that I'd actually grabbed my cell phone holster. I go back to the bedside table to get my glasses and the knocking had stopped. I got back in bed, the knocking started up again. This time, after the knocking ceased, the door started opening.

This was when my brain started going into overdrive. A hit man has gone to the wrong room, I'm about to get a bullet to the temple, I'm going to be beaten up over debts that aren't mine, etc. So as the door opens I say, "could I help you?" and then I hear, "housekeeping!", to which I reply "NO!!!!!" and the door closed.

I learned how to work the deadbolt Sunday night.....

No comments: