Tuesday, June 12, 2007

thanks, rock.....

The bride and I watched "Rocky Balboa" Friday night. It was even one of her suggestions when we were in Blockbuster. So I ran to the counter with it before she changed her mind.

I'm a huge Rocky fan. My heart pumps faster whenever I hear the theme music. Yes, I understand that if the punches had been real, Rocky would have never made it through the first movie. But nowhere in the trailers does it say that it's a documentary. So I'm good with it.

While this installment wasn't the best of the 6 (I'd rank them in the following order: Rocky 2, Rocky, Rocky 3, Rocky Balboa, Rocky 4, then Rocky 5), it definitely had its moments. My favorite line of the movie was:

It's not about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.

I'd say that's a pretty good way to stay sane in life. Who knew Sylvester Stallone was a philosopher.....

No comments: