Monday, June 11, 2007

field trips, then and now.....

I remember my 6th grade end-of-the-year field trip. It was a picnic at Warriors Path State Park. We packed lunches and rode the bus there. And it was so much fun because Johnny, the "cool bus driver", drove the bus that day and played kick ball with us. Good times.

We took Sara to the airport yesterday morning around 4:30. There were 34 6th graders from FIS who were going on an end-of-the-year field trip to Key Largo to participate in something called MarineLab. They'll snorkle to see fish, coral reefs and other things. Sara called us yesterday evening and said she swam beside a barracuda.

Let's see - I played kick ball at the end of my 6th grade year; my daughter swam beside a barracuda. I think it's safe to say that things have changed quite a bit over the past 30 years.....

No comments: