Monday, November 27, 2006

time off, football and untold stories.....


In a way it feels like I've been out of the office for months, and in another way it seems that I just left. The time off was very nice, very much needed. Aside from cleaning carpet and doing other odd jobs around the house, I pretty much loafed. There were days that I spent a couple of hours playing football on the PS2. I did a little reading. And I did alot of eating. Alot. Too much. So much that my cell phone poked my gut on the way into work this morning. Yeah, that much. But most of the time was spent just hanging out with family.

I also watched plenty of football. The Miami/Boston College game used to be interesting. I've seen Pop Warner teams with better offenses. UT pulled a win out (barely) and didn't look that good in the process. But their 9-3 season was fun to watch. Now it's on to win #10 in whatever bowl game we end up with. USC showed how much better it was than Notre Dame. And they're already calling yesterday's Titan's game their most exciting win in franchise history since the Music City Miracle. Vince Young may never set the world on fire, but he knows how to bring a team back. We stopped decorating the den Christmas tree yesterday long enough to watch the last 5-6 minutes of the game and we couldn't believe what we were watching.
I won't tell the story about the skinny little white girl with no figure.

I won't tell the story about the car sporting pseudo bullet hole decals.

Nor will I tell the story about the 12-year-old Kentucky fan who seemed to want to get into a discussion about a "controversial" call from the UT game while I picked up a pizza Saturday night.

Those are all possible stories for another day. Oh, in case you've forgotten, there are just 28 shopping days left before Christmas. Anyone with gift suggestions for my lovely bride, let me know.....

No comments: