Wednesday, November 08, 2006

the mud-slinging has ceased.....


Here are 9 words I'm glad I don't have to hear on the radio or television any more:

"I'm Harold Ford, Jr., and I approved this message."

Or insert any other political candidate's name. I'll take commercials on hemmorhoid medicine any day of the week over these.

The voting process took about 70 minutes for me yesterday afternoon. They had us snaked all around the youth (Fusion) area at our church. When I finally made it to the room where everyone voted, I saw that there were just 6 voting machines. So that's the problem, I thought. Why aren't there at least 10 machines? That would make more sense. Then I heard on the news last night that some people in Davidson County had to wait in line for up to 5 hours. Why? Because their precinct had only 2 voting machines. I didn't feel so bad about my 70 minute wait.

I will have to admit, though, that voting for an American Idol is much simpler.....

No comments: