Wednesday, November 01, 2006

let the countdown begin.....


OK, Halloween is over so I can start my Christmas countdown. 54 days to go.

Some things never change regardless of one's age. I remember making out Christmas lists when I was little. My anal retentiveness started at an early age in that not only would I list what I wanted, the catalog it came from (remember, no Internet shopping in the 60's and 70's), and the page number in the catalog, I also included the price and even figured the tax. I wasn't sure if Santa had tax exempt status, so I wanted to be play it safe and help him out all I could. I remember asking for a Sonny Jurgensen poster one year. I never got that poster. I guess Santa was afraid it would get wrinkled during delivery. Either that or Mom told him she didn't want any thumbtack holes in the wall.

Now kids' Christmas lists include iPods, PS2's, PS3's, XBoxes and all other kinds of stuff. These things ain't exactly the same price as a poster. I don't know how Santa can afford to operate these days. Maybe he cuts cost with illegal immigrants. Not that I've heard anything, I'm just speculating. One thing's for sure, he'd have a hard time running for public office these days if he did employ illegal immigrants. Unless he subcontracted the work out and the subcontractor was the one doing the hiring. Then he'd be alright. But I digress.

Wonder if the bride will let me put the Christmas trees up before Thanksgiving.....

No comments: