Monday, November 13, 2006

didn't work.....



I tried to mix things up a bit on Saturday. I waiting until about 30 minutes before the game to put on my jersey rather than wearing it all day. I wore a different shirt under the jersey. Neither worked. UT's loss against Arkansas was what's technically referred to in the South as a good old-fashioned butt kickin'. No other way to describe it. It was the only game of the year that we didn't have a chance. They're that good, in my humble opinion. If McFadden isn't a Heisman candidate (and why would he be, he's not from Ohio State, Michigan or Notre Dame) he will be next year. Best back I've seen all year long. I think Arkansas will beat Florida in the SEC championship game.

I'm writing from home today, playing Nurse Daddy. The pediatrician told us this morning that Sara has pneumonia, so I'll be home for at least another day. The highlight of the doctor's office visit was when I read Sara the book "No Hitting". She laughed until she almost cried. It's all about transferrence - if you want to hit your baby brother, hit some pots and pans instead; so mad you could squeeze the cat (Sara's favorite line of the book)? Squeeze some clay instead. I'm sure it's serious reading for a 2-year-old, but it's just plain funny to an 11-year-old. Maybe you had to be there.

Time to fix lunch for the patient.....

No comments: