Wednesday, January 11, 2006

sleep-talking.....

I used to sleepwalk when I was younger. I don't remember many of the times that I did it. I do vaguely remember when I was about 4, I went sleepwalking and thought I was in the bathroom. Thankfully, Dad's raincoat that was hanging in the hall closet was water repellent.

When we first got married, the bride got to witness a few episodes of my wonderful talent. But I added a new twist for her - dialogue. One night I got up, went to her side of the bed, and proceeded to ask her where the gas seed was. What is gas seed? I don't have a clue, but I was sure she knew where it was and that she was hiding it from me. Another time I poured water on her head while she slept. I must have been dreaming about watering flowers or something. Yet another time I decided that all the lamps in our bedroom belonged in the kitchen - at 2:30 AM.

I haven't sleptwalked (is that even a word?) in several years. But night before last, the bride said that I asked her the following question - "Did you like your bone?" And according to her, I found this question to be quite humorous, because I immediately started laughing.

Life with me is never boring.....

No comments: