Friday, January 20, 2006

permission denied.....

This is a bit frustrating. I feel like a comic who's just come up with the best material for his act, but his agent said he couldn't use it.

I've heard of things lately that would be so enjoyable to those who read this, but I've been denied access. Just last night, the bride was telling me about something from her day. At the end of the story she quickly added, ".....and this better not end up in your blog!" Great.

While cleaning the kitchen last night, I had an old Barry Manilow CD playing in the stereo. (Face it, for all the bad publicity he's gotten over the years, the man did shape the culture with his lyrics. And no, I'm not gay because I listen to Barry Manilow. Just in case you tried to make that connection.) So a song comes on and I immediately think that it would be good background music for a popular drug that makes older couples want to sit in seperate bathtubs on a hill and watch the sunset. I'm writing the thing as I'm scrubbing the baked on chicken casserole out of a Pyrex dish. What happened when I told the bride about it? She nixed that one too.

I've gotta' get a new agent.....

No comments: