Friday, January 06, 2006

good intentions.....

I've heard it said that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. You know another road paved with good intentions? The road to Fatty Town.

It's about 35 and spitting snow in downtown Nashville. I decided to get out and walk downtown for lunch. My intention was to eat chicken strips at Burger King. By the time I got to my destination, not only was I freezing, but I also learned that Burger King had been closed. Gone. Vanished.

I looked across the street and there was Cheeseburger Charley's. Sure, I could have walked back up to Subway or Quizno's, but I was cold and hungry so I took the easy way out. And, yes, they did have grilled chicken sandwiches. But getting a chicken sandwich at a burger place would be like, oh I don't know, getting a cheeseburger at a Chinese restaurant.

So I got a burger (their smallest one!) and enjoyed it immensely. I did walk at quite a brisk pace on the way to the library and then from the library back to work. That should count for something.

Gonna' start eating better on Monday.....

No comments: