Wednesday, January 05, 2005

242 days until the vols kickoff.....

The 2004 college football season ended last night, as USC completely shredded Oklahoma. It's a sad time for me. I will really miss college football.

The Vols completely dominated Texas A&M in the Cotton Bowl, winning 38-7. It was their most complete game since their bowl win against Michingan 3 years ago. The offense, led by 3-string quarterback Rick Clausen, ran on all cylinders. The defense was a brick wall, with solids hits and wrap-ups all day long. It's always a great day to be a Big Orange fan, but Saturday was particularly fun for me. 18 of the 22 starters return this fall, so expectations are high. But the road schedule will be tough - Florida, LSU, Alabama and Notre Dame. I can't wait.....

Things are starting to get back to normal around our house. I was ready to come back to work yesterday and get back into a routine. The girls have had a hard time adjusting their sleep schedules, but they're getting there. We did alot of shopping and errand-running last week, and as much as I honestly like doing that, I've had my fill for awhile. I also realized that I'm more of a sprint-shopper rather than a long distance shopper. I like to shop in spurts. The bride and Meg can go out shopping for hours and come home with very little to show for it. Sara and I can be gone for 30 minutes and come back with more. Neither practice is right or wrong, they're just different. Different personalities. It's amazing how the girls' personalities mirror ours in so many ways. Actually, it's more scary than amazing.....

Warm weather continues here in Middle Tennessee. Temperatures in the upper-60's and lower 70's in January? I've got a feeling we've still got plenty of real winter weather to come. I hope we get a few heavy snows, but the temps will have to drop significantly. However, this warmer weather sure is good on the ol' gas bill.....and I'll take that for now.....

No comments: