Monday, January 17, 2005

good weekend.....

It was great having my family at our house for supper last night. Mom and Dad were in Middle Tennessee for the long weekend, and they came down for the night yesterday. It's nice to be able to have everyone together and just enjoy each other's company.

I didn't roll out of bed Saturday morning until after 9:30. It's been awhile since I've been able to do that, and it felt great. The rest of the day was spent doing things around the house and watching football. The Falcons looked great, glad to see them win. The Steelers got lucky, and the Jets' kicker is needin' some love. Gotta' feel bad for the guy.

Sunday was church and class. Then more football. The Vikings didn't show up, and neither did most of the Colts. All the "expert" analysts will say that Peyton still can't win the big one. There were an awful lot of dropped balls that Peyton couldn't control. Plus, the defense was man-handled all afternoon. Blame it on the weather? I don't think so.

The bride was an excellent host last evening. The supper was excellent. Have I ever mentioned how much I love my wife? I think she's wonderful.....

No comments: