Friday, January 07, 2005

e-bay.....

The commercials are true, you can buy anything on E-bay. I even bought pants recently. Yes, pants. Dockers that Hecht's normally sells for $60, I bought for $5. Yes, $5. Including shipping, the total cost was $11.25. For a brand new pair of Dockers. They arrived yesterday, and they fit and everything.

I guess one of the reasons I like E-bay so much is that I thrive on deals. I hate paying full price for anything. (I come by my bargain-shopping naturally. Growing up, my mom didn't buy anything unless it was on sale. And she still doesn't.) I target my item(s), compare prices, track the prices, then start to bid with a minute left in the auction. So far, I've bought $500 golf clubs for $200; a couple of cable amps that retailed for about $125 for $47; a $60 memory stick for $42; and the list goes on.
Another reason I enjoy E-bay so much is that I like trying to convince the bride that we can afford certain non-necessities because I can get such great deals. I've been tracking some dvd-recorders with hard drives for the past few months. I think she's tired of hearing about them. Could be that I'm wearing her down......

I've yet to venture into the realm of selling on E-bay. Heaven knows we've got some stuff that could be sold around the house. I know a lady who recently sold a non-running car on E-bay. She said the last 20 minutes of the auction the price of the car went from $170 to over $700. She and her husband had hoped to get $250 for it.

I wonder if anyone's looking for a good used Basset/Beagle mix.....

No comments: