Wednesday, January 26, 2005

i'm not an animal.....

I first noticed that my right eyelid was a little tender Sunday afternoon while watching the league championship games. The next morning I work up and it was swollen, and even more so Tuesday morning. After lunch yesterday, I looked in the mirror and saw that my right eye was completely bloodshot and swollen even more. Off to the internet for self-diagnosis - looks like conjunctivitis, or pink-eye. Yep, I'm 40 and I've got pink-eye. Called my doctor, he prescibed drops, so no contacts for a few days. I woke up this morning, looked in the mirror, and saw the elephant man staring back at me. Yep, I'm 40, and I've got pink-eye.

Reminds me of a MASH episode. Colonel Potter contracted the mumps, to which Charles replied, "A childhood malady? For a man of your advanced age?" Later, Charles catches them and is forced to bunk with Potter. When Potter learns about the illness, he says to Charles, "Well, Major Winchester, a childhood malady for a man of your advanced WEIGHT?!?"

I had this faint hope that after two rounds of drops last night, I'd wake up and my eye would be back to normal. Wrong. Guess it takes a couple of days to get started. Until then, maybe I can make a few bucks as a sideshow.....the circus is coming to town soon.....

No comments: