Friday, December 03, 2004

wonderful vacation day.....

I need a vacation day like yesterday about every three months. One that I can just hang out with the bride and enjoy being married to a beautiful woman. Not only were we able to finish about 85-90% of our Christmas shopping, but we also got to enjoy each other's company.

We dropped Sara off at school at 8:00, did a little shopping in the Cool Springs area, then headed out to Opry Mills for the bulk of our shopping. I refuse to go to Opry Mills on the weekend. They've been working on Briley Parkway for what seems to be 34 years now, and traffic has been horrible out that way. I've heard horror stories of hour-long waits on Briley Parkway, just to get to Opry Mills. I don't mind shopping, but I don't want to take forever to get there. Anyway, the shopping was good, several great deals. Lots of tour buses filled with senior citizens at the mall. It's tough getting stuck behind an elderly person when you've got serious shopping to do.

Well, it's been another fast and furious day. I'd better get a few things done before calling it a day in a couple of hours........

No comments: