Thursday, December 09, 2004

now it's time for Christmas.....

Our company helps sponsor LifeWay's Christmas show at the Ryman for downtown businesses every year. Susie and I always attend, and it's always a great show. This year, the show was a drama/musical called "Heirlooms", and it followed a family for four generations around Christmastime each year. Again, it was very good. Alot of great Christmas music over the past 60 years.

Following the show, the bride and I had lunch at Merchants downtown. Not at all crowded, we were able to sit upstairs at a window overlooking Broadway. Nice place for a romantic lunch or dinner. And the company was exceptionally nice. At least that's what the bride said.....(just kidding, dear....)

My morning started with a huge rain storm. Nothing quite like balancing a 60" golf umbrella while trying to open car doors and holding several items in your hands. I recommend everyone should try it at least once. We had our board meeting at 7:30 beginning with breakfast. Everything went well. By the time I got back to the office, the bride was waiting for me to meet her for our Ryman trip. It's been a busy day, to say the least.....

Now that the LifeWay show is over, I'm very ready for Christmas. Just five more workdays, and I'll be out of the office for 11 days. Oh, yeah, I'm ready for that, too.....

2 comments:

Clarissa said...

I love how you call Susie "the bride" ... why, Wade, that's almost sweet. Didn't know ya had it in ya.

wstaple said...

Hey, hey, hey, don't be calling me sweet! I've got a reputation to uphold.....

She's actually started signing her e-mails to me with "the bride", so she must be OK with it.....