Saturday, December 04, 2004

so close.....

I thought they might pull it out and win. The bride said that if they'd just played the first half like they did in the second half, they might have won. A couple of mistakes, a couple of calls made by the refs that shouldn't have been made. The turning point of the game? Auburn's got 3rd and 11, and we stop them with a great play by Rashaun Fellows. Only problem was we were flagged with pass interference. Horrible call! I came unglued. The next play, touchdown Auburn. So instead of UT getting the ball back on a punt, we gave up 7 points. 14-point swing. The only good thing that came out of that play was that Sara said I provided she and the bride quite a bit of entertainment. I guess I was a little vocal and animated, I don't know.

I'll have to say that UT showed up in a big way tonight. No one gave them a chance, but they stayed in it. Win or lose, I'm a Vol fan for life. I'm proud of their effort tonight.

Looks like UT will play Texas in the Cotton Bowl on New Years Day. At least it's an early game. I won't have to wait all day for it!

Got alot done today. Ran some errands, picked up a new vacuum. Raked leaves, mulched them, then mowed. All in all a good day. But then, any day I get to spend with my three girls is a good day.....

No comments: