Monday, December 06, 2004

a good day for sleeping.....

It's raining, the ol' sinuses are acting up, and I'm at work. As far as I'm concerned, this would be a great day to stay in bed and sleep. No such luck, however. There's work to be done.....

Ever have those times when you're awake but you feel like you're actually dreaming? Everything is sort of "fuzzy" and seemingly in slow-motion. When people talk to you, you're about 2-3 seconds behind on your response time. You try to concentrate on things, but the harder you try the worse it gets. That's me today. At least I think that's where I am today; maybe I actually am dreaming all of this.

We went to the children's Christmas program last night at church. It's amazing how talented kids are in the Nashville area. I remember Christmas programs in East Tennessee, and most of the kids were scared to death to be on stage. In Nashville and Franklin, it's like they all fight to see who can get closest to the microphones and center stage.

Busy week this week. Staff Christmas lunch tomorrow, board pre-meeting and my annual review on Wednesday. Thursday starts off with a breakfast/board meeting, followed by the LifeWay Christmas show at the Ryman at 10:00. The bride will be joining me for the show, and we'll head out for a nice lunch date following the program. Next week will be a 4-day week for me, as my vacation starts on Friday the 17th. I won't be back in the office until the 28th, and that will be very nice.

If anyone calls me today and I sound strange, just remember my dream-like state. I'm not being rude, I'm just not on top of my game today. Guess I'm glad I don't work around nuclear products on a day like this.....

No comments: