Wednesday, September 15, 2004

visiting a new land

Last day of "real work" for a few days. I'm heading to San Antonio in the morning for a conference. Trying to make sure everything is covered here before leaving.

There's a certain amount of anxiety about me whenever I'm going out of town. Did I get everything finished before leaving? Did I change my voice mail and e-mail messages? Have I packed enough stuff for the trip? Will I get ripped off by the cab driver because I don't know the city that well, and he ends up going through Galveston? Anyway, it should be a good trip. I've never been there before, and from the looks of things, the Marriott Rivercenter is close to everything so there will be plenty to do and see.

I've actually been "banned" from talking about the restaurants there in front of Susie. She didn't want to hear about all the nice places since she couldn't be there. And that's understandable. She's always been a big fan of "Hooters", and knowing that there's one in the hotel and she can't go has got to be troubling to her.

Well, time to go meet my lovely bride for lunch. It will be nice to spend some time together since I'll be gone for a few days. You know, the best part of leaving is coming home. I'll miss my three girls, and it will be nice seeing their beautiful faces next Monday.

1 comment:

cac said...

Safe travels
~C