Thursday, September 02, 2004

heading into the weekend

First of all, congrats to Kathy on her gall bladder surgery. You know you and your friends are getting old when you congratulate them on a successful surgery. I'd also like to publicly state that Kathy Moffitt is indeed older than me. Much older, in fact. There, I feel better now.

Tomorrow night I'll go to my first high school football game in almost 20 years. (Saying things like this is another way to tell you're getting old.) Centennial's first home game is tomorrow night against Ravenwood. Meg may be a little nervous about her parents coming being at the game. Hanging out with friends is one thing, but know that Mom, Dad AND younger sister Sara are at the same game - that's entirely different. If I'm feeling mean, I may actually talk to her in front of her friends. Oh, the horror.....

Heading to Johnson City Saturday morning for two reasons. First, to visit Mom and Dad. We've not been up since the July 4th weekend when we were on our way back from North Myrtle Beach. Second, Sara and I are going to the Tennessee game Sunday night with Chris and Landon. Sara's never been to a UT game at Neyland, and she can't wait. Great seats, 11th row, south endzone in the corner. Being there with over 100,000 fans is an unbelievable experience, and I can't wait for her to be a part of it. We'll head back sometime Monday morning, but hopefully not too early. We won't be back from Knoxville until around 1:00 that morning.

Not quite sure why I'm writing about the weekend on a Thursday. Must be that illness I have about always looking forward to things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wade,
You are a dog!!!, I mean here I m being sliced & diced and you have the "gall" to congratulate me on my gallbladder removal as well as state that I'm older than you. Hee!
PS I have no gall now with no gallbladder!!!!
Kat