Wednesday, September 29, 2004

friday for me.....

Yes, that's right, today is Friday for me. I'm taking a couple of vacation days, but not necessarily to relax. I've got a kitchen ceiling to paint Thursday (jealous yet?) and I'll be running with Sara at the annual Moore Miles event Friday morning. I had actually planned to paint the garage, but there's too much prep work involved - spider webs and dead bugs to get rid of. Me, lazy? No, just picky about certain projects.

You know you're getting old when you hurt yourself and you don't remember how you did it. I was fine yesterday afternoon. Came home, went running, then went to softball practice. Came home and had a very sore lower back. Still sore this morning. I have no idea how I did it. Other ways to tell if you're getting old:
  • You are proud of your lawn mower. (not guilty now, mine is too old, but I can see it; lawn mower envy? that's another thing entirely, but still a good indicator)
  • You sing along with the elevator music. (guilty; the 80's get further away every day)
  • You constantly talk about the price of gasoline. (yeah, but who doesn't these days?)
  • People call at 9 pm. and ask, "Did I wake you?" (or teenagers call at 10:30 and actually wake you up; but that's early for them)
  • You answer a question with "Because I said so!" (I've been using that one for years)
  • Your ears are hairier than your head. (you know you're in trouble when the batteries are so weak they can't handle the foliage)
  • You talk about "good grass" and you're referring to someone's lawn. (constant competition on our cul de sac, but no one would EVER admit it)
In closing, I've always believed that God has someone for everyone. The more time I spend with my lovely wife, the more I believe it. We had a discussion the other day about how appreciative I am of her, mainly because of a situation I had encountered earlier that day. So anyway, as far as I'm concerned, Susie's 'da bomb.

No comments: