Monday, August 23, 2004

it's just the elevator, stupid

Rubel Shelly, pastor at Woodmont Hills Church in Nashville, had a great Fax of Life this morning. Click on the link and read the whole thing. (Sign up for the weekly devotional while you're on the site.) It makes you stop and think about things, especially if you're in a "holding pattern" in life. Sometimes you have to remember that your current situation isn't the end - it's just a waiting room.

Good weekend. I got a call Friday night about coaching a girls softball team. Sara had signed up a couple of weeks ago, and I said that I would be an assistant. Turns out they needed another head coach, so I was asked to do it. Should be alot of fun. Meg's going to be my assistant, and hopefully some of the parents will help out also. The season starts on Saturday, September 11. I hope to get in at least 3 practices before then.

Worked on some things around the house over the weekend. Susie asked me to wash the outside windows on the back of the house. That's one of those jobs I have to be "in the mood" to do; luckily for her (and probably for me, too!) I was. Did some other various things around the house, but nothing story-worthy for here.

Sara and I are going to UT's first game on Sunday, September 5 with Chris and Landon. We're both really looking forward to it! Fulmer announced last week that the two freshman QB's would start the season. There are good reports coming out of practice and the scrimmages on both of them. The Titans looked good against the Bills on Saturday. Chris Brown continues to impress everyone. Hopefully, the "Dream Team" will kick things into gear now. Big win over Angola today, but they'll probably have to play Lithuania again to get the gold.

No comments: