Thursday, August 12, 2004

a few of my favorite things

My never-ending attempt to keep from ballooning back up to the 20+ pounds I once carried with me continues to be a challenge. If I just exercise (run at least a mile every day) and eat right, I can do it. However, that's much easier said than done for me sometimes. With that in mind, I'd like to list some of the foods (and habits) I really like, but can't have them all the time:

Krispy Kreme doughnuts - one of my many rituals is to go to Krispy Kreme after having my bloodwork done every three to six months. I usually don't eat them in between visits, so this is typically a big event for me. I go in, order a chocolate covered cream filled and an cinnamon sugar covered apple filled, along with a milk (and a free glazed while waiting in line), and sit down to eat them before returning to work. If it was up to me, I'd eat a dozen KK's a day.

Ice cream (especially at night) - this has been a huge problem for me this summer. Seems like all the good ice cream has been on sale this year, and the low-carb stuff is twice as much, so we go with the value. Nothing like a big ol' bowl of Moose Tracks with Hershey's syrup. This would also be a daily ritual for me if I could.

Potato chips and french onion dip - for years, I could sit down and eat chips and dip at 9:30 at night and it wouldn't attach itself to my butt or gut. No longer so. I eat them so infrequently now that when I do, I binge and go to the brink of illness. Good times.....

Coming home and collapsing - I can be lazy when I want to be; it doesn't take any effort. To be able to come home, change clothes and plop down in front of the TV without running is something I have to fight. Sure, I watch way too much television, but one problem at a time, huh?

Susie keeps reminding me that I can do these things, but they have to be done in moderation. Sounds like something a non-type-"a" personality would say.....but I'm working on it. I fully realize that one day I'll probably attain a larger torso (fancy talk for "a big gut"), but I don't want to be there yet. In the meantime, all I can do is wait for that new low-carb doughnut that Krispy Kreme is working on.

No comments: