Friday, July 30, 2004

random stuff

They say (and who am I to question them) that the key to better golf is consistency.  However, I'm sure they didn't mean to consistently 3-PUTT ALMOST EVERY GREEN.  But I could be wrong.  After all, they are them.....
 
Kudos to Coach Phillip Fulmer for his "fire-in-the-belly" speach at yesterday's SEC Media Days.  Hopefully this will set the tone for the UT football team.

Thanks to former-Miami Dolphin Ricky Williams for my favorite sports quote of the year:

"I didn't quit football because I failed a drug test," he told the Herald. "I failed a drug test because I was ready to quit football."

Mr. Williams went on to say that he was not addicted to marijuana.

Today's a fun day for Susie and Sara.  While Meg is helping a friend paint the friend's room (I've asked for before-and-after photos, and have asked the mother of the friend to sign a waiver releasing us from all possible damages), Susie and Sara are having lunch at Subway, taking in Cinderella Story, then going to the Brentwood Library and visiting Ken and Hattie.  Next week, Susie has promised to take Meg shopping.  It's good for them to have mother-daughter days.  And again, I'm reminded of how thankful I am to God to have these three beautiful ladies in my life.



1 comment:

Grant said...

Ricky Williams is my new inspiration. "I didn't get fired because I did my job poorly. I did my job poorly because it was time for me to get fired." "I didn't get arrested because I was driving drunk. I was driving drunk because it was time to get arrested."
Yeah, I see my life taking a turn for the better.