Wednesday, July 21, 2004

from bad to good

Ever have those times in your life where you're convinced God has a magnifying glass, it's a sunny day, and you're the bug?  That's how the first few months of this year were for me.  Susie and I would talk about it, and she would try to assure me that everything was going to be alright.  I'd pray, but it was more like a one-sided argument, with yours truly doing the arguing.  Why do we sometimes seem to forget that God's always there, regardless of what's going on?
 
Life is cyclical.  (Believe me, I understand the concept of cycles - I live with my beautiful wife, 1 female-teen-woman-wanna-be, and 1 young lady who's in the bullpen warming up to be a teenager.)  I think the problem is that we can't always see the big picture.  Looking back, I can see where God was working in my life through things I didn't necessarily like at the time.  That's where faith comes in.  And we build up that faith every time we meet and conquer a new challenge through Christ. 
 
In Hebrews 13:5 it says, "God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."  Isn't it a true blessing to know that God isn't sitting in heaven with a checklist, waiting to disinheret us?  If you ever have doubts about that, just sit down and read the 8th chapter of Romans.  It's amazing to know just how much we're loved by the creator of the universe!

No comments: