Tuesday, July 13, 2004

dating my wife

I do love my daughters. They've brought me so much happiness as a father over the past 14 years. But their mom has a special place in my heart.

I've had the opportunity to date my wife over the past couple of days, and I'm loving it! We met at Thoroughbred Theaters last night to see The Terminal. The movie started at 4:30, so I left work right at 4:00. At 4:18, as I was about to pull into the parking lot, Susie called and said she was stuck in the paint store, and would be there as soon as possible. Normally, this would set me off, because one thing I despise is walking into a movie theater before the previews start. Instead, I found myself simply waiting for her. I had been waiting anxiously the entire day to go to a movie with my wife, so something kicked in and told me that it wasn't that big of a deal. I saw her van pull into a space, so I went out and met her half-way. I'm not sure that I can describe the feeling that I had when I took her hand. It was just too cool. We walked into the movie with the previews running, and I was OK with it.

We both loved the movie. Tom Hanks does a great job, very believable. Afterwards, we ate at TGI Fridays, then dropped off picture CD's from the wedding at Susie's parents' house and Mike and Paula's house. Overall, a very nice evening.

Susie, I've so enjoyed these past few days of having you all to myself. Sara comes home tomorrow, then Meg comes home on Thursday. The phone will be back to ringing constantly, and we'll hear "I'm bored" several times a day. Even when this happens, let's make sure we still take time out for each other. Because from what I've been able to gather, it just keeps getting better......

No comments: