Wednesday, September 17, 2008

need some truth in advertising.....

There are signs all over the airport area in Phoenix claiming that Sky Harbor Airport is "America's Friendliest Airport." Bull. The security personnel in particular were anything but friendly. In fact, I don't think I've ever been treated more rudely by anyone in an airport.

While standing in line before proceeding to have my luggage scanned, I offered to have an elderly man in a wheelchair go in front of me. We were both standing there and I politely motioned for him to go first. A female security person, who reminded me of Nell Carter, cocked her head and scowled at me saying, "He's not READY!" I think I saw small whiffs of smoke coming from her ears. As I stood there with an obvious look of shock, she hurriedly waved me in her direction. I said, "Thank you! I hope you have a better day now."

The next problem occured when I didn't pack my x-ray bin properly. Another female security guard, I think it was Nell Carter's sister, said, "From now on, you put your laptop in a SEPARATE container!"

Last week Phillip Fulmer was asked about the soft defense UT played against UCLA in the second half. He said that the defense didn't play a soft coverage. All the other UT fans thought it was soft. I guess it comes down to the definition of the word "soft." It's probably the same thing with the word "friendly" in the Phoenix airport.

We must have a different definition for "friendly" in the South.....

No comments: