Thursday, September 18, 2008

it's all about the kids.....


As a father, you love your children. That's first and foremost. But at the same time, I think it's incumbent upon those of us who are fathers to "innocently" find things that annoy them and play it up really big. Just for fun. I did that a few days ago.

I learned this at a conference earlier this week:
  • there are currently 100 million active Facebook users; it's estimated that there will be 200 million by December of this year

  • there are approximately 250,000 new Facebook users every day

  • the average Facebook user is on their page about 25 minutes a day

My industry isn't reaching the Gen Y/Net Generation. In order to do that, we're going to have to do things a little different in order to gain their business. So that I can begin to understand social networking better, I now have a Facebook account.

And if it happens to mortify my daughters that I have a Facebook account, that's just an added bonus for me.....

No comments: