Tuesday, July 22, 2008

yeah, it's dark.....


The bride really surprised me Sunday at lunch when she asked if I'd like to go see "The Dark Knight" that afternoon. I thought that would be the kind of movie I'd end up going to myself. But she said she wanted to see it, so I didn't argue because I used to run around in a cape and a mask and sliding down every pole I could find pretending I was Batman. That was years ago. Man, I miss my 20's.

We got there around 3:15 for the 3:45 showing at the Thoroughbred 20 in Cool Springs. There was a line for people who'd already bought tickets. After a couple of unsuccessful attempts, I finally convinced the bride that we should stand in that line. Good thing we did because the line more than doubled after we got in it.

As for the movie itself, it's 2-and-a-half hours of pure intensity. And please allow me to overstate the obvious, but Heath Ledger deserves the Oscar for best supporting male. He actually deserves it for leading male because he stole the movie. I thought Jack Nicholson was the perfect Joker, but Ledger's character was much more dark and disturbed. Amazing performance.
If you're a Batman fan, you should see this movie. I loved the first one, but as far as I'm concerned, "The Dark Knight" is definitely the best of the bunch.....

No comments: