Monday, November 19, 2007

a crying shame.....

Last Thursday we had a birthday in the office. I usually bring in a cake or pie or something. That day, though, the employees wanted something different, so they opted for Krispy Kreme doughnuts. No way I was going to fight them on their fine choice.

I'm one of these people who always buys more stuff than I think I'm going to need. Same thing with Krispy Kremes. I bought 2 dozen for 8 people. But they lasted for 2 days, so it was a good deal.

On Friday, I decided to go back to see if there were any apple cinnamon left after lunch. I've been lucky and I've kept off the weight I lost, so I figured I could handle a doughnut since I'm still running every other day.

I got back there and there's still one left. As I'm eating it, I look into the trash can and someone has thrown one of the apple cinnamon doughnuts away. And there's only one bite taken out of it! Not that I would have eaten a once-bitten doughnut, but what a waste! (No, it wasn't even above the rim.) I felt like the Indian (sorry, Native American) in the pollution ads from the 70's. A tear may have even journeyed down my cheek.

Here's some helpful advice. If you ever happen to work with someone who loves Krispy Kreme doughnuts, don't try to eat one if you're not sure you'll like it. If you don't know what's in it, ask someone. But don't take a bite, say "Eww, yucky!" and then dispose of it. You just wasted it.

Consideration for others, that's all I'm asking for.....

No comments: