Friday, November 16, 2007

all i want to do is dance.....

I'm not much of a dancer. Dancing requires a certain flow of ones body. I've always been pretty coordiated when it comes to sports, but never with dancing. It just doesn't work the same way for me.

I didn't go to my first dance until I was a senior in high school. Just never was all that interested. But I went to the homecoming dance that year. I told my parents that morning, "Oh, by the way, I'm going to the homecoming dance tonight after the football game." I think it shocked them. But I had a good time.

My freshman year in college, I didn't miss a dance or mixer on campus. I wasn't there for the dancing. I was there because it was the best place to meet girls. And lots of them. Ray was my "wing man", and he was the best kind to have. He had a girlfriend at home, so he wasn't there to do anything but to help me meet girls. No interference, just assistance. It worked out great.

I haven't done much dancing over the past 20-plus years, but there are a few times every year that I do break out and dance. I'm getting ready to dance later this afternoon. Any time I've got a week off, I come through the front door of the house on Friday afternoon and do my "vacation" dance. The neighbors stop by to watch. It's a party. We're thinking about having it catered.

I just hope I don't pull a muscle in all the excitement.....

No comments: