Wednesday, November 07, 2007

another sign i'm getting old.....

I used to watch people older than me complain about things not being the way they used to be and think, "Come on, old man, just deal with it." Now my girls are watching me and probably thinking the same thing.
We bought an iMac back in the spring. It's cool. It's hip. It's friendly looking. And there are times I'd like to strangle its skinny little neck and watch as it dies a slow, painful death. Then I'd laugh. The kind of maniacal laughter heard only in movies like "The Shining".

I know, I know, Apple is so cool it's hot. Apple is innovative. Apple is so much "better" than Windows. But I can perform the same task on a Windows PC in 1/4th the time it takes me to figure it out on a Mac. And to me, a computer is all about speed. Our 6-month-old Mac seems slower than my almost-3-year-old Dell notebook when it comes to loading simple programs like Excel and Word. Most of all, I'm just much more comfortable with Windows.

I will admit that I like iPhoto. It's the best storage system for digital photos out there. And I like the fact that we don't have a myriad of cords going everywhere behind the computer. Beyond that, give me a Dell notebook any day of the week.

But the girls like it, and the bride is happy with it. And that's what matters at home.

I can feel myself saying "back in my day" any time now.....

No comments: