Friday, November 30, 2007

cautiously optimistic, expectations aren't too awfully high.....

As I mentioned in a post a week or so ago, I never expected UT to be in the SEC Championship game after losing to both Florida and Alabama by such large margins. But here we are, about 32 hours from kickoff.


On paper, LSU should win by at least two touchdowns. On paper, LSU has all the athletes. On paper, LSU is ranked higher. The thing is, I'm not so sure the Tennessee players understand all that. These guys now believe that they can win regardless of the circumstances. Blow a lead in the second half? No problem, we'll win in overtime. Vandy has a chance to blow you away going into the fourth quarter? No problem, we'll just score 16 points in the last 15 minutes and hope they miss the field goal.


I really want to see Tennessee win this game tomorrow. That's obvious. I don't look for them to win it, but I hope they do. The way things have gone in college football this year, one never knows. Go Vols.....

No comments: