Sunday, September 16, 2007

it ain't easy being orange.....

I texted Chris with a movie quote when Florida went up 28-6 late in the second quarter. While watching the game, I was reminded of a line from "The Waterboy". There's a scene where the town is having a pep rally for the Mud Dog's upcoming bowl game. The opposing team shows up and their coach reveals that Bobby Boucher never actually received a high school diploma. When the crowd hears the news that the waterboy is no longer eligible to play, Rob Schneider's character responds with the following: "Oh, no, we suck again!" That's how I felt after Florida scored its fourth touchdown. Imagine how I felt when I got home from the wedding and learned that the Gators hung a big ol' 59 on us. Yeah.

As an aside, the wedding was nice. Nice and quick for the ceremony itself. But then there was a reception which included a full sit-down dinner. That added about 3 hours to the whole thing, and we were one of the first to leave.

I really didn't expect UT to win. I WANTED them to win, but I wasn't sure the defense would hold up. I just didn't think it would be a blowout.

So now UT is 1-2. I went into the season thinking we'd go 9-3, maybe 10-2 if we got a few breaks. Now I'm wondering if they win 6.

But I'll go ahead and make a prediction right now - if we lose to Alabama and Georgia, Fulmer's days could be over. Add South Carolina to that list, and I'll just about guarantee he'll be gone by season's end. The question is, who could you get that would be better.....

No comments: