Tuesday, August 28, 2007

crossin' my legs and hopin' for the best.....

The bride had a dog when she was growing up named Missy. Missy was a dachsund. A big dachsund. When I say big, I mean big. She weighed around 45 pounds. Yeah, a 45-pound weiner dog. She had no hair on her stomach because it drug the ground. What I'm saying here is that Missy was big. But that's not how I'm like Missy. Even though I've got to do something soon or else my stomach will be dragging the ground before long.

Missy used to get really excited when people came to their house. She would bark and run around. Then when she could no longer contain her excitement, she'd pee. All over the place.

Before I go any further, I should also point out that I'm not incontinent, either. I can hold my bladder. I may have alot of things not right about me, but incontinence isn't one of them. No, the similarity that Missy and I share is that of excitement. Whenever I see orange on television, in the newspaper or on the web, I get excited. Really excited. Especially this time of the year.
We're about 108 hours away from kickoff of the UT - Cal game. I can hardly wait! Sure, there are alot of questions on this team, from receiver to defensive line to offensive line to running back, but it's Tennessee football! I'm just ready to watch them play again. We could be 3-0 after the first three games, but we could just as easily be 1-2. Either way, it's football time in Tennessee.

The bride may want to put some newspapers down on the floor Saturday night just in case.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee!!!!

Why don't you come up and watch it with Landon and I. We have ceramic tile in the Tennessee Room, easy to clean up.