Monday, October 30, 2006

we've hit a new low, and a close one in sc.....

With Sara at a sleepover and Meg on a date, the bride and I were able to go out for dinner Friday night. Our joke has always been that a romantic night on the town for us was dinner and a trip to Target. Well, we've sunk to a new romantic low.

After dinner at Otter's in Cool Springs, we went to..........Wal Mart. Yeah. Wal Mart. My least favorite place in the world. I'd really rather take a tour of a water treatment plant, but unfortunately we did have to go there. But Wal Mart on a Friday night? Yep, that's a new low for us.

Saturday night UT beat South Carolina. I had a couple of fits. For some reason it seemed that SC got all the calls for the first 3 quarters, then UT got the calls for the 4th. I'll take it. I think Randy Sanders came back and called the QB draw towards the end of the game. Reminded me of when Ainge got his shoulder separated in the Notre Dame game 2 years ago. Thankfully he'll be alright for LSU this weekend. I'm just glad Spurrier didn't win. I mean South Carolina. Oops.

We got to see Ellen last night. She and Jeff were in for a wedding this weekend, but they go back to Acapulco later this week. You can keep up with them and their mission work here.

Hard to believe Thanksgiving is just 3 weeks away. I'm taking the whole week of Thanksgiving off this year. Looking forward to the downtime and being with family.....

No comments: