Wednesday, October 18, 2006

possible band names.....


I've always been intrigued by band names. The name itself, how they came up with it, stuff like that. I heard Lionel Richie say once that he and his bandmates came up with the name "The Commodores" by flipping through a dictionary and pointing blindly to a word. He said that they were almost named "The Commodes".

I really like the off-beat names of bands like the Screaming Cheetah Wheelies, Strawberry Alarm Clock, String Cheese Incident and Pipe Down Otis. With these band names in mind, I've come up with a few of my own. Feel free to use them if you're in a garage band and can't come up with a name of your own.

Mechanical 120 - I saw this on a door here in my office building the other day

Stand Don't Sit

Peanut Butter Dreams - this was on a box of candy I bought from a lady who was selling stuff for her daughter's Girl Scout troop

Scooter Pickle - actual name of a friend; he's already been approached by a guy in the music business about this one, but I had to include it anyway

Narcoleptic Insomniacs

About Marybelle - that one's for Landon

Cinnamon Mousepad

Effeminate Tomboys

Ugly Stepchildren

Meat 'n 3 - perfect name for a country music band

Perpetual Stillness

And, of course, the list wouldn't be complete without OFIT. That one may cost you, though.....

No comments: