Tuesday, October 10, 2006

seems that no one's safe any more.....


Anyone out there aware that urinating continues to be a dangerous activity? I had no idea that relieving oneself was so dangerous until I read the following:

In July, an Australian man, looking for a place to relieve himself near the Commercial Drive SkyTrain station in East Vancouver, British Columbia, fell about 100 feet into a ravine, but tree branches broke his fall, and he survived. (Canadia Broadcasting Corporation News, 7/19/06)

And Jerry Mersereau, 23, after camping in the Mount Hood National Forest in Oregon, filed a lawsuit against the federal government in August for injuries he suffered after wandering off a cliff at night while searching for a place to relieve himself. (The Oregonian, 8-4-06)

Next time I stump my toe in the middle of the night on the way to the turlet, I'll have to remember there are worse fates that others have suffered.....

No comments: