Wednesday, February 15, 2006

valentine's day review.....

I heard last week that the average consumer was going to spend around $108 for Valentine's Day. I can tell you that the bride and I both missed that mark by around $105 each on each other.

A lack of spending does not equate to a lack of love. I think any more that culture says "the more you spend, the more it shows how much you love them." If that were the case, I'd be broke around our house.

Both daughters got flowers (or a flower) from "friends" yesterday. Being the father of girls, and especially girls who receive attention from stinky ol' boys, can be tough. My mind goes back to times when they were younger and I was met at the door with cheers and chants. Now I'm greeted with "I'm on the Gazelle!" or "I'm going to Amanda's house!"

I know we're not empty-nesters yet, but it's heading that way. The girls' social life is much busier than ours, and that's OK. Because when you're in a nest with someone you love, you sort of like hanging out with them there.....

No comments: