Friday, February 03, 2006

super bowl time, and I don't care.....

It's been a long time since I've had any real interest in the outcome of a Super Bowl. I guess the last one was when the Titans played the Rams back in 2000. Great game, one that we could have won.

For me to really get into a Super Bowl, I've got to care - which usually means that "my team" has to be in it. Of course, had the Colts made it, I would have cared. I'd like to see Peyton win one before he retires.

When I was younger, I had a few different favorite teams. First it was the Packers because Dad liked the Packers. My first football uniform was a Green Bay uniform. Then I later became a Steelers fan, mainly because they won alot. I remember getting a Steelers winter coat one year after alot of begging. Some of the neighbors made fun of it, and I wouldn't wear it any more. Soon after that, I succumbed to peer pressure and became a Cowboys fan. I remained a Cowboys fan until the Titans came to town. And while this past year was not alot of fun to endure, I'll stay a Titans fan.

I was glad to see someone other than the Patriots in the Super Bowl. And I will probably watch the game Sunday night. I just hope it's competitive and exciting. If it gets to be one of those games where Rothlisberger turns and hands off to Bettis 45 times, it will be anything but exciting. And I'll end up watching Comedy Central or TV Land.....

No comments: