Tuesday, August 30, 2005

prayers going out.....

I love the ocean. I've been fortunate to be able to see both the Atlantic and Pacific coasts, and they're both stunning in their own unique ways. I prefer the east coast beaches to west coast, but both are beautiful.

What I've seen over the past couple of days with Katrina gives me an unbelievable respect for and fear of the ocean. I can't imagine having to evacuate my home, see my neighborhood underwater on television, then finding out that it may be MONTHS before I can return.

We have friends/former neighbors in Mobile who decided not to evacuate. The bride called a few of our neighbors this morning to see if anyone had heard from them. No luck yet.

The remnants of Katrina are being felt here today. No school for any of the kids in the mid-state area. School officials are worried that tornadoes could spawn from the heavy storms and high winds.

Our family's prayers are with all those whose lives are being effected by this storm.....

No comments: