Monday, August 15, 2005

back to school.....

When I left the house this morning at 6:15, I could hear Sara singing and Meg drying her hair. The bride called me around 7:30 to tell me how quiet things were around the house. School is officially back in session.

Sara actually started back last Friday. Meg has 1/2 day today, then gets into the swing of things full-time tomorrow. (Following in her father's footsteps, Meg waited until this past weekend to do her summer reading and projects.)

I remember my first day of school in first grade. Mom was so flustered that she backed out of the garage without opening the door. Thankfully, the other eleven years of first days didn't yield any other types of home damage.

On another note, Meg and I got to go to the Titans' first pre-season game Friday night. In all honesty, it could be a long season. I saw some good stuff, and I saw some bad stuff. Too many penalties, for one thing. (However, the officiating DID leave alot to be desired on a couple of calls.) Travis Henry will be a great back for them IF they block for him. McNair looked better until the interception. The defense needs to wrap up on tackles. The young wide receivers look very promising.

No comments: