Friday, June 03, 2005

man, we need the rain.....just not the rain-out.....

Another night of softball, another rain-out. Wednesday night's game was called after 1+ inning, and last night's game never got started. (Although we could have/should have played last night, because it cleared up for a couple of hours.)

Looks like the tournament games will be played on Saturday and Sunday now. Actually they'll start tonight, assuming that the fields are dry enough to play. We'll be doing the split-family thing again tonight with Susie and Meg at one park, and Sara and me at another. But the bride and I will be giving each other updates on our cell phones between innings, so that will help.

NEW WENDY'S MOMENT

Seems that something amusing always happens when I visit the Wendy's near 100 Oaks. As I stood in line, I noticed that they had a new item on the value menu - strawberry yogurt with granola. So I ordered my chicken nuggets and the yogurt, and I get this blank look from the cashier, followed by, "What yogurt?" I said, "The one on the value menu, about half-way down." She turned, looked for about 10 seconds, then turned back to her right and said, and I quote, "Charnice! What yogurt he talking about? I don't see no yogurt!" I realized that I probably should have just taken the chicken and told her to forget about the yogurt, because this was now backing up the already-long line behind me.

Just when I thought things had calmed down, I made another grave error. The total was something like $3.57, so I gave her a 20 and 57 cents. Again with the blank stare, but this time she was staring at the money. Thankfully, she didn't have to have Charnice come over the do the change thing for her. I think she was just expecting me to give her the 20 and let it go from there.

If that Wendy's wasn't so entertaining, I'd definitely have to find another cheap place to eat.....

No comments: