Monday, March 23, 2009

opposites attract.....

The bride and I have different philosophies when it come to garage sales. She feels that garage sales can provide an additional stream of income, and that they're lots and lots of fun. I, on the other hand, feel that once you take into consideration the time put forth to make it happen, you end up making about 37 cents an hour. I'd much rather just take it all to Goodwill and be done with it. But that's me.

We participated in a garage sale on Saturday. Luckily, we didn't host it, and we
only put a couple of large items in the sale. Our next door neighbors are moving (yeah, the good ones, doggone it!) and they want to get rid of a bunch of stuff so they don't have to take it with them. I did my part to thank them for letting us put the air hockey/ping pong table and baseball backstop in the sale by promptly breaking a huge mirror they had up for sale. I'm considerate like that sometimes.

The bride and I spent a good part of our day cleaning out our garage. We had several people come over and try to shop our non-existent garage sale. Those who didn't speak English didn't understand why we had all our stuff out in the driveway but didn't want to sell it.


Later that afternoon we brought our two items back to our garage. Nobody wanted them. But about 15 minutes later, a lady came by and agreed to buy the air hockey/ping pong table. She's coming by later this afternoon to take them away.


Anybody who wants a free baseball backstop, let me know.....

No comments: