Tuesday, March 10, 2009

new level of nasty.....

I had a dentist appointment yesterday afternoon. I left there with a taste in my mouth that was like none other I'd ever experienced.

First they did the oral cancer screening. Have you had this done? It's a vinegar-based rinse that you have to swish around in your mouth for 30 seconds. They try to disguise the taste by adding some kind of berry flavoring. It was like gargling Italian dressing with a spoonful of raspberry smoothie. Lovely.

Then came the cleaning. I still have the vinegar taste in my mouth, now comes the fresh spearmint. Now I've got a vinegar/berry/spearmint combination working. Awesome.

Last came the sealant. I've always thought it tasted like Carefree bubble gum. Not an offensive taste at all. But when mixed with vinegar, berry and spearmint, it's enough to make one gag. And the worst part of the sealant is that it leaves a semi-thick film on your teeth, and you can't brush your teeth for 6 hours. By 7:00 last night, my mouth felt like I'd been eating out of an open dumpster in the middle of August after a rainstorm. (This is not a comment on the bride's cooking; last night's supper was wonderful!)

So I've got 6 months before I have to deal with that sensation again.....

No comments: