Thursday, March 19, 2009

hand it on down.....

I grew up in a time when clothes were handed down from one family member to another. I knew that whatever my cousin Mark, who was three years older than me, was wearing would eventually end up with me. And that was fine. My sisters, just sixteen months apart, went through the same thing with each other. That's just the way it worked.

I'll be 45 this year and I'm still getting hand-me-downs. Not clothing, but iPods. Yep, I'm too cheap to buy my own, so I wait until the girls get a new one and I simply claim their old one. Last year, we bought Meg an iPod Touch and I got her old green iPod Mini. It has served its purpose over the past year.


We got Sara a Touch for her birthday this week, so I inherited her Nano. It's hot pink. I call it manly pink. Makes me feel better. But I did buy an armband case for when I run to cover up the fact that it's manly pink. Again, makes me feel better.....

No comments: